Overview of Today
Creativity Activity
I drew this simple line and half circle on the board and asked the students to come up with a list of as many things as they could. Some ideas the students had were: half a watermelon; a cat looking over a fence; planet; sunrise; sunset; rock; fishing rod; bow and arrow. After doing this in class all I could do this afternoon was keep seeing things that it could have been -- a bush on a curb; a cat paw reaching onto a table; half of an earphone.... It was a fun way to see how our brains work and how having others can help us be creative.
Discussion of Things that Limit Artists' Creativity
- Fear
- Rules/Instructions
- Climate
- Materials/Resources
- Self
Artwork
Materials: Blue Construction Paper, various lengths of jute and sisal string, glue, sponge paintbrush, pencil
Instructions: Investigate lines with these materials. Please don't cut the string.
I'll post some photos of the work next week.
Assignments
Research a Folk Artist
Bring in a Children's Book depicting artwork you like.
Handouts
Please practice. Use a page or two in your books to practice -- if you want to divide your page into four or six or eight sections that may give you a smaller workspace, but feel free to fill up a page with lines! I'm excited to see your artwork!


No comments:
Post a Comment